Just As Much (JAM)
"If you stop earning - absolutely, how many years can you carry on with whatever you own?” , I asked a few people. The neighbouring small farmer said three months. The bigger farmer said five years. My ex-subordinate, who earns about a million and half p.a. also said five years. My ex-colleague earning about ₹ 5 million said 20 years. The manual labourer who works in our farm said I won’t be able to repay what I borrowed to live during the last 3 months. To earn for livelihood is a compulsion for few, not so for few others. Wouldn’t it be fantastic to know how much is enough to suffice till old age, say 90? If I knew that, and let’s say a buffer for another 10 years, I can live like a child – provided for – not a worry about finances – at least one aspect of life completely sorted out! Then, there is no point in earning more. I can work for other reasons. The concept of JIT became quite famous in the context of production management a fe...


Comments
Post a Comment